Wednesday, January 26, 2011

{Queen Bee} The Big 3-0!

The day finally arrived! The day that ten years ago I thought would never come...at least it seemed like it would be forever until I was that old. Sure enough, the years flew by and here I am...thirty, flirty and thriving! Well, maybe minus the flirty part.

I know that many women, and men, find 30 to be an age to be depressed over or just sad that their 20's are now gone. But really, 30 feels great and this decade has so much in store for me and my growing family! Plus, you are really only as old as you feel...and good for me, I feel like I am 24! Hopefully, I still look that age as well since I have always had a baby face!
Since this birthday was a big one for me, my husband wanted to go all out and he threw me a surprise birthday party. I know, he actually pulled it off entirely on his own (o.k., maybe he did have a little bit of help)...what a husband! I had all my wonderful family and friends attend, tons of food and drinks, fun decorations that said 30, and a trivia game all about me to top it off. What a great birthday, right! Well, it gets even better because my husband bought me the one thing that I have been wanting and talking about for the past year...maybe even years. He gave me a KitchenAid Mixer! I don't know how I have gone all these years without one and using a hand held mixer? But like Tim Gunn says, I had to "make it work"!
Of course I have used this machine quite a few times since my party and I am in love! It is just so much fun and makes baking all that more enjoyable! I am telling you, if you don't have one of these, you should look into getting one...or maybe ask for one when you turn 30 (or for any birthday for that matter)!

No comments:

Post a Comment