Thursday, October 20, 2011

{Busy Bee} Halloween Goody Inspiration

Halloween is almost here and I am so very excited! I have always found this holiday to be so much fun ever since I was a little girl. It all started when I was young and my parents would turn our house into a great haunted house for kids and their parents to walk through before getting their candy. Ever since then this holiday has been a day to have a lot of fun with. Now with a child of my own I want to start Halloween traditions that we can enjoy together as a family. I probably will never be able to live up to the phenomenal haunted house my parents used to put on, but I think decorating cookies and cupcakes would be just as memorable. So to gather inspiration I looked online and found some amazing treats!
Country Living has some great ideas for simple yet elegant cupcakes and cakes.
The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle created these fantastic Leggy Witches this year. She even provides a tutorial! Can you believe she reused a onesie cookie cutter for these? Absolutely incredible!
Anj from Snowy Bliss created this jaw dropping cake decorated with an adorable spider on top. Even more, when you cut into this cake there are orange polka dots!
These super fun witch hat cupcakes were made by Loali on Cake Central. I love the bright neon colors of the cupcakes...so cheerful yet still Halloween!
Simple Jack O' Lantern cupcakes that kids would love to help make!
How creative is this Halloween Mummy Head Cake by Inspired by Michelle! This looks like so much fun to make! I can picture this on the center of a dessert table at a Halloween party....guests would just die!
Following the mummy theme...here are some mummy cupcakes created by King Arthur Flour. These look pretty easy to make and turn out adorably! Not to mention how fun it would be for the little ones to get one of these!
I am such a sucker for pumpkins and Jack O' Lanterns...they are so cute and represent the holiday so well! Not to mention even the youngest of children aren't scared of pumpkins. Here are some sweet faced pumpkins created by Rolling Pin Productions. I am so impressed with the shadowing technique of the actual pumpkin!
These Sugar Ghost Cupcakes featured on Taste of Home are sure to be a scream!
These Eyeball Cupcakes created by Cupcakes by Lynn are so different and so fun! Kids would love the eyeballs!
If you haven't ever checked out The Painted Cookie, you are in for a treat! This sugar artist and mother of two creates some spectacular works of art! I love the Grim Reaper and Halloween Cupcakes! She is also featured on Copper Gifts website...you must check out this site, I get so many of my cookie cutters here...they are awesome! 

Hope you have been inspired to create some spooktacular treats this Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment