Wednesday, February 15, 2012

{Sugar Bee} Valentine's Day Marshmallow Pops

Yesterday for Valentine's Day my son, Jake, visited me at work and brought along a couple surprises for me and my co-workers. He and my husband of course gave me cards, a beautiful rose and heart balloons that I absolutely loved. But even more fun was his Elmo valentines that he delivered to everyone in my office.

You would think that was enough, but nope...he also had a Valentine's Day marshmallow pops bouquet for my co-workers to enjoy! Jake of course had some assistance making these by yours truly, but for kids who are a little older and like to help mom in the kitchen, this is a great project and is so deceivingly simple. All you need are marshmallows, chocolate, sprinkles and lollipop sticks!

Step 1:  Push a lollipop stick into marshmallow without penetrating the top of the marshmallow. Do this for the number of marshmallows you want to dip.

Step 2: Melt the chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave. I like to use my small (1 cup) Pyrex measuring cup. When melting the chocolate, use a low heat (at least 50%) and heat in 30 second intervals stirring in between.

Step 3:  Once you get a nice and smooth melted consistency of chocolate, dip the marshmallow 3/4 of the way into the chocolate.

Step 4:  Before your chocolate hardens, quickly add your sprinkles.

Step 5:  Place marshmallow pops in a glass or mug until the chocolate completely hardens.

Step 6:  Finally, package your marshmallow pops into small treat bags and place in a vase. Any kind of candy in the vase helps keep the marshmallow pops in place.

Whoever receives this bouquet will not only enjoy its beauty but will also enjoy how delicious they are! And they will think you slaved all day making it!

Now who can resist this little valentine?!?!

Hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment